Happy Thanksgiving! This is my final blog until we start our winter weddings. It's been a crazy amount of work, but I'm so happy to have gotten blogs out to everyone in time for visiting with family on Thanksgiving! This is a perfect end to the fall season as Jayde and Andy are wonderful human beings. Since it's Thanksgiving, here are some things about them and their wedding I'm thankful for!
1. Jayde's dress. I literally gasped when I saw it hanging in the dressing room. It is interesting and stunning and perfect for her. I didn't realize until she was actually putting it on that she had a peplum and tulle train for it!
2. I'm thankful for people with great hearts. We are so lucky to have so many kind hearted clients. Even with nerves and trying to stay on schedule and all the tiny stresses wedding days can bring, the heart and significance of the day never got lost which is so important. Both Jayde and Andy are just kind hearted, lovely humans.
3. I'm thankful for Ryan. They never turned to face each other in the ceremony, I was sort of just waiting for it but it never happened and that man went and crawled inside the bushes like a sneaky ninja to get some incredible shots while still not being intrusive. He will do anything he can to do a good job when shooting and I love that kind of work ethic!
4. I'm also thankful for Jayde's mom. After we did their engagement session she wrote me a big email about how she loved the photos and she just totally "got it" I guess I could say. Sometimes it's easy to be somewhat removed from things after we shoot the images since the rest of the time is spent sitting alone in a dark office in front of my computer, so her enthusiasm just really stuck with me.
5. Last but absolutely not least, I'm thankful for this job. Every wedding we have is an opportunity to meet new, incredible people and play a role in a really significant day for them. Every wedding is another reminder of how great it is to spend life with someone you love, how great it is to become family and how important it is to remember the day when a lifetime of marriage started.
Enjoy the photos and I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving!